Why You Should Never Use Poison on a Washington Fox

Fox is a cunning and crafty nuisance Everett creature. Capturing them through trapping method will require patience and hard work. In order to avoid this complex task, most people will choose the lethal method such as poisoning. However, we would like to remind you that there are some states that forbid the killing of the fox especially those that are included in the federal list. 

Disadvantages of Using Poison against Fox

Poison does not only have adverse effect towards the targeted animal. You will be surprised to know that it also has negative effect towards you. This is why we always advice our clients to avoid using this method at all costs. Most poison will resemble the appearance of a cereal or candy that eating them unintentionally will not be impossible for the kids.


Accidentally ingesting the Washington poison can lead to hemorrhage especially the anti-coagulants. Bleeding may be evident on the gums and the nose. Apart from that, there should also be visible bruising on the body. There should be blood in the stools and urine. Internal hemorrhage may lead to a decreased blood pressure and may deplete the count of red blood cells that may cause anemia. Headache, dizziness, increased heart rate, and fatigue will also happen. Furthermore, this may also lead to lethargy and confusion.

Cardiopulmonary Issues

Some Everett poison will include zinc phosphide that may cause discomfort in our chest. It may also result to coughing and breathing difficulty. If not treated immediately, this may progress to pulmonary edema that will encourage the fluid buildup on the lungs. With poisoning, cardiomyopathy, and irregular pulse rate can also develop.

Liver Failure

Apart from the cardiopulmonary problem, poison that contains zinc phosphide may also cause liver failure. Some symptoms of liver failure would be yellow discoloration in the eye and skin which is clinically referred to as jaundice. It can also cause encephalopathy that may progress to coma. It may also encourage brain failure due to the buildup of toxin. This is because the liver no longer has the capacity to remove the toxin in the body.


In the event that the internal hemorrhage was not addressed, hypovolemia or reduction in the volume of blood can cause shock. Continuous loss of blood will cause reduction in the urine, sweating, brain and kidney damage. Brain damage may lead to loss of consciousness. After the coma, death can ensue.

These are just some of the negative effects of poison towards Everett human. Poisons are indiscriminate killer. You have no control on who will eat the poison. It can be your kid, your pet, or other animals. A fox that ingested a poison will suffer for weeks. During this time, they can be vulnerable against the attack of the predators. This will expose the predators to secondary poisoning that may also cause the death of the animal. If you want a better solution for your woes, there are professionals who are willing to assist you in this matter.

Visit our Everett wildlife control home page to learn more about us.